Job filings-Permits

Easy Permit Management

We are ready to perform work related to a permit application with the New York City Department of Buildings.

  • We fill out all permit application forms and file them with the DOB on your behalf
  • We guide you through the drafting process so your plans have the best chance of being approved on your first submittal to an NYC construction plan examiner.
  • Once your permits are approved, we can refer licensed and insured plumbers and contractors.
  • After the project is completed, we close all job orders with the NYC DOB in a legal and timely manner.
Contractor and Plumbing Registration and Insurance

The Highrise Group can help you with registration and insurance filing for contractors and plumbers. Devote more time to your projects, and we will take care of filing for all DOB insurance and registration updates on your behalf. We also help with permits renewal when they expire.

We also provide the following services:

  • Assistance with obtaining after-hours work variance permits.

    You are required to obtain an After Hours Variance Permit if you want to perform construction work before 7 A.M., after 6 P.M., or on the weekends (Saturday/Sunday). AHV permits can be filed through DOB NOW: Build.

  • Filing of Post-Approval Amendments (PAA).

    Even if the construction plans seem unchanging it doesn’t mean that they couldn’t end up changing as the actual work commences—different contractors, unforeseen snags, etc. In some cases, the changes you establish may require refiling what’s known as a “Post-Approval Amendment” with the DOB.

  • When a PAA is NOT needed:

    Changing an applicant’s name or filing representative’s name. Since the job the DOB approved isn’t actually being evolved itself, a PAA is unnecessary. Instead, you must file a PW-1 form.
    A minor change in the work that doesn't affect the PW-1. In this case, you can simply submit an AI-1 (Additional Information) form that clarifies the change.

  • When a PAA is needed:

    Generally, you’ll need to file a PAA for Schedule A changes (occupancy and use), Schedule C changes (heating and combustion equipment), and certain Schedule B changes (plumbing, sprinkler, and standpipes). Depending on how many and what sort of changes you plan on making under Schedule B (read more here), you may not need to submit a PAA.

  • Assistance with an LPC application for any type of construction. If you are going to do any work on a building that will affect the exterior or that will require a permit from the DOB you must obtain a permit from the Landmark Commission.

  • In the case of using water from a City fire hydrant requires a Non-Premises Permit from the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). This permit allows water to take water from a hydrant for a specific period of time and requires payment in advance on a 'per day of use' basis.
    We also assist in resolving DEP violations by researching, coordinating, and filing paperwork on behalf of the customer.

  • Assistance with pulling work permits.
  • And much more.
first screen img

Try Our Monitoring System

Sign Up to Start